- High absorption and water retention capacity, sphagnum moss can store 20 times its volume in water thanks to its lightweight texture.
- The moss is antibacterial and protected against rot, diseases and parasites with a naturally acidic pH level of 4.8. Using chemical regulators can therefore be avoided.
- Excellent thermal insulation
- High level of acoustic and phonic isolation (Report from Bureau Véritas about characteristics established by the Bureau Véritas company in May 2009)
- 100% organic and biodegradable sphagnum is reusable: just wash it, let it dry in the sun and eliminate what is damaged in order to use it again.
The peat has already shown itself useful to manufacturers of certain products for large retailers, including baby diapers and sanitary towels … but the moss is now in the process of becoming a very popular product among horticulture professionals and even individuals.