Hydroponics with sphagnum peat as growing base
Hydroponics is a method of growing plants soil-less, the only nutrients necessary are provided using a continuously flowing nutrient solution. Sphagnum of Chile is the perfect host for this type of culture.
Economic and environmental benefits of peat as soil-less growing base
- Eliminating the need for chemical pesticides due to antibacterial properties of sphagnum moss.
- Reducing water consumption thanks to the high water retention and re-hydration of the moss.
- A more abundant and optimised production thanks to the significant root stimulating power of sphagnum.
- Fruits and vegetables produced by hydroponics have better flavour and are more nutritious and richer in vitamins.
Hydroponics with peat as a base enables to cultivate all year-round lush vegetation while preserving our environment.
- growing bonsai and orchids
- topiary animals and characters (pure design)
- sphagnum peat for lawns